Thursday, June 01, 2006

Present and accounted for

A few months ago I received a gmail from Pete Dulin, editor and publisher of local e-mag Present Magazine.

He wanted to interview littl ol' me for a feature he was working on for the June issue about local bloggers. I figured he was doing a best-of/worst-of thing and needed a worst of, so I did the interview.

Fast forward to today, I get another gmail letting me know the June issue has been published (you can download the PDF doc here).

Present is a really cool publication. Pete and his writers do a great job covering the local scene, and since I learned about it I've developed a habit of printing it out and taking it to the bathroom at work for a few hours... but I digress.

The point is, the June edition has several entertaining interviews of local bloggers along with a nice column about the sociological place of blogs within the greater human condition.

And I was surprised to see Three O'Clock in the Morning listed among some really great blogs like Death's Door, Tony's Kansas City and NctrnlinKC.

So do yourself a favor. Go download the magazine and read how much of a jackass I made of myself.

PS- JD, don't get too bent out of shape on this one, it was a Kansas City article, so you really don't qualify. Feel free to submit a post to the KGB carnival, tho.

tagged: , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. AS A "DAVID" IN THE AGE OF NEW MEDIA "GOLIATHS", I DEMAND RESPECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just pleased you implictly acknowledged the superiority of my blog to JD's.

    (That's a joke, JD. You know I love you.)

    Thanks, Emaw, for the namecheck. That's quite humbling, actually, and I'm appreciative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention of Present Magazine and the blog story in your blog. I'm glad you participated and think the story came out well.

    Take care,

    Pete Dulin
    Editor
    Present Magazine
    www.presentmagazine.com

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...