Saturday, October 07, 2006

It's a marvelous night for a moondance

Last night's full moon was amazing. I tried to capture it with this picture...

But Van Morrison captured it much better years ago with this lyric...
Well, it's a marvelous night for a moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies
And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow
And I'm trying to please to the calling
Of your heart-strings that play soft and low
And all the night's magic seems to whisper and hush
And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush

tagged: , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Funny you should mention this. I was thinking the same thing today.

    This morning before sunrise I was out on my morning walk with Scruffy and, along the river, the moon's light was easily as illuminating as the artifical light in the park, so much so that it was only when I was close to the lightpoles that I could tell where the moon's light ended and that of the artificial lights began. Perhaps it seemed so bright because of the clarity of the air.

    Whatever, man--I ain't no astronomer. But Van the Man, though, he does know the score.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...