There is now a 100% Republicrat majority in both houses of Congress. So, in an amateurish and ultimately futile attempt at punditry, here's my prediction of what will happen in the next two years.
- The first to remember is that nothing will change. Extremist leadership of one color have been replaced by extremist leadership of another color. It's like replacing corn-based vomit with green bean-based vomit.
- There will be no new legislative initiatives. The newly elected Republicrats weren't running on a policy agenda. They were merely telling the electorate to vote against the incumbent Repbulicrats. So no new ideas have been proposed, which is why nothing will change.
- I totally agree with Gnade, who explained on Contratimes why we will still be in Iraq two years from now. Despite the crowing on one side of the aisle about how we never should have started a war in Iraq and we shouldn’t be there now, they want and need the war as a political fulcrum issue.
- The price of oil will continue to go up. Probably by this time two years from now, you'll have to pay close to $4 for a gallon of gas.
- The Royals will still be losing close to 100 games per season.
tagged: politics, election, Republican, Democrat, prediction, Butthead