Monday, October 01, 2007

California on my mind

It's Monday already. Man, time can really get away from you. I returned from San Francisco last Wednesday evening and just wanted to dump a few thoughts out before they get away from me.

So here are a few thoughts/lessons I've brought back from my most recent trip to SF.
  • Just because your host paid $360 for that bottle of 12-year-old Scotch, don't feel like you and the four other dudes in you party have to drink the entire thing. Scotch is a sippin' drink, and if you kill the bottle you'll regret it when you have to make it to a 9:30 flight the next morning.

  • The people of Chinatown were celebrating the birth of the Peoples Republic of China when I arrived on Sept. 23, which coincidentally is my birthday. Happy Birthday PRC!



  • When you're walking back to your hotel at 2 a.m. (Pacific time, that's 4 a.m. to you and me), it's okay to tip the homeless guy who serenades the ladies in you group with Ain't Too Proud To Beg. You have to appreciate the poetic honesty from a homeless guy.Quantcast

  • Weatherwise, San Francisco in the fall is beautiful. At least that's what I heard. It's hard to appreciate the great weather when you're holed up in a conference room all day. Oh well...


  • tagged: , , , , , ,

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Emaw! That's my Mom's birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm a September baby as well. Happy Bday ... I will remember your advice on the scotch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, and a belated happy birthday to you.

    I think I would have enjoyed San Francisco more the time I went if I had been travelling on someone else's dime. Still, I'd go back again . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in the Bay Area and I will say that what you've heard is true. Fall is the best time to visit here, the weather is nice and the gobblins are all back in school.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...