Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Four out of five Alec Baldwins agree

A lot of my commenters, friends, family members, coworkers and casual acquaintances have been busting my chops pretty hard lately for being a little too hard on Obama since his historical election last week.

Seems I'm not being supportive enough of the new president. Evidently, according to many people, if you're not FOR Obama, you have to be FOR Bush.

I don't buy it, but I understand where this logical fallacy comes from. Both political parties in addition to the media have been conditioning the voting public to think this way for years.

But I don't see a problem with holding a candidate responsible for the promises they make (not that I'm under any illusion that the promises will actually be kept, or that the candidates actually know/care what they're promising).

Still, I was a little surprised to see that crazy, batty Alec Baldwin actually (says he) agrees with me in this regard:
The greatest thing we can do now, those of us who support Obama, is hold him to the same standards to which we held Bush.

Let's face it. We've worked Bush over pretty badly these past few years. It is time for us to face that reality from conservatives, especially with the Triple Crown in place.
Props to Baldwin for the "worked Bush over pretty badly" line.

tagged: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to riff...