Friday, March 06, 2009

Friday Blogthing: Album Cover Meme

I haven't done one of these in a long time, but the results I got from doing the Album Cover meme fit together so nicely that I just had to share.

In case you're unfamiliar, here's how it works (hat tip to Average Jane):
  1. Go to “Wikipedia.” Hit “random” and the first article you get is the name of your band.
  2. Then go to “Random Quotations” and the last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
  3. Then, go to Flickr and click on “Explore the Last Seven Days” and the third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
  4. Use Photoshop or some other image editor to add text and make it look cool.
This is the wikipedia article hit
Here's the quote I got.
And this is the Flickr art I ended up with.

Add them all together and you get the latest Top 40 Skinhead Neo-Nazi Hate Metal album.



tagged: , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Apparently my act is called Carlos Reyes, the first album is 'That is half the battle', and the cover is an arty shot of a space shuttle.

    I imagine that we are a small pop/folk outfit. We sing soulful songs about life, love and social alienation, for people who sometimes feel lost and alone in a big impersonal world.

    Which is all well and good, but it's no Sister Groove and the Freakout People. Damn I would kill for one of their albums.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...