Thursday, January 20, 2011

Random Photo XLI: Beneath the pale glow of a street lamp

Couple of pictures of last night's snowfall.

I like the first one with the exception of the ugly pickup truck in the background. I wish I had moved to the left a few paces so I could crop it out…

Also, the snowflakes weren't as pronounced as I wanted them to be. I think they were just too small by this time to photograph the way I wanted them.

I did get this one, though, which I think is kind of interesting…


tagged: , , , , , ,

5 comments:

  1. As a viewer and appreciator of the top picture, I can tell you, I bet most who look on it don't have a problem with the truck. It's more of the artist's--your--problem. I understand it, for sure. We always want the "perfect picture" and too frequently there are things we would change.

    All that said, I think it's terrific. I love all the grades of black, white and grey it creates. Terrific shot. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be remiss, too, if I didn't say how I like the 2nd one, too. I feel sure it was a very pleasant surprise to you, the photographer, on how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the thoughtful feedback. It's true that many time we are our own toughest critics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE SNOW! Can't get enough!!! I was just in Montana and it was FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echele! Long time no talk-to! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...