Thursday, November 16, 2006

Tough questions

We DVR'd The Wizard of Oz and watched it with our 4-year-old daughter the other night.

I know the original book was rife with socio-political satire and criticism. But I wasn't prepared for all of the questions it would raise in the mind of a 4-year-old.

This is just a sampling:
  • Is that her mommy? Did her mommy die?
  • Is her daddy at work?
  • Are they eating hot-dogs?
  • Why isn't there any color?
  • Is a tornado bad?
  • Is this going to be scary?
  • Why is her dog named "Toe Dough"?
  • Did she kill the witch?
  • Is she a princess witch?
  • Who lives in that castle?
  • What is a brain?
  • Is that guy mean?
  • Is he a robot?
  • Why doesn't he have a heart?
  • What are they putting on him?
  • Why did she put fire on him?
  • Is the wizard mean?
  • Why do those guys work for the witch?

tagged: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. That's why I don't watch movies with my daughter anymore.

    It was cute when she was 4.

    She's almost 13 and she only does it now to piss me off so I'll send her to her room where she can check her MySpace account in private.

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really fun...i can't wait for my little poopsicle to come with the questions.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...