Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hokey post alert

I know this sounds corny, but: I have a really great daughter.

My supermodel wife, our 2-and-a-half-year-old daughter and I got together with the old college friends Saturday morning to watch the old college football team take on the opponents du jour. The whole gang was there, along with two other toddlers and a newborn.

With all those young’ns in one place, my expectations were for multiple meltdowns accompanied by screams, crying and tantrums.

What happened was amazing. Rather than freaking out, fighting with the other kids over toys, snacks, attention, etc. like most kids do, my daughter played nicely with everyone. At various times she was seen giving hugs and kisses to the other kids, trading shoes, reading books and basically being a sweetheart. She even got to hold the newborn. Now she wants one of her own.

Bethany (that’s her name), has always been a good kid (except for a few incidents during the potty training phase). But I’ve always wondered how she does around other kids. It was nice to be able to observe directly how she interacts.

She seems so mature for her age. And very happy, which is really all I want.

I’m a proud father, but Saturday reminded me just how great of a kid I have.

Okay, enough of that (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to riff...