Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm ok. You're ok. They're OK Jones

I like hanging out with really cool people.

As a lifelong square, I enjoy basking in their reflected hipness. So I wanted to send a quick thanks to the proprietor of Happy In Bag for hosting the get-together Saturday.

It was nice meeting people from the new neighborhood, especially people as cool as HIB. I also enjoyed talking with Spyder, whom I met for the first time at the blogger meetup last month. JDoubleP was also there with his wife and Awesome son.

As a music industry insider, HIB was able to use his considerable influence to get local trio OK Jones to play a great set in the living room. One of my favorite tunes was Besides Fall in Love (listen to it here, then buy it here) from their album Push/Pull.

I think a good time was had by all. The bag full of blues CD's from HIB's private collection given as party favors was a nice parting gift. I was sorry I had to leave so early.

tagged: , , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. I bought their 3 cds while at the gathering. I listened to all three today at work repeatedly. They make me think of Barenaked Ladies, whom I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, first I miss the meet up and then arrive at this party after you've left. Or maybe you were avoiding me...

    Serveral of the OK Jones tunes reminded me favorably of early Squeeze. And they were all such clean you fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee,

    I can't believe I missed you. Curse my awesome coolness the demands I that I show up late to all social events and leave early. Errr. If only I weren't so damn hip.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...