Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Random Photo XXXVII: Liberty Memorial

We hit up the Liberty Memorial and the National World War I Museum last weekend. We really enjoyed ourselves, though we didn't allot enough time to tour the museum. Unfortunately, it closes at 5:00 and we didn't get there until around 3:30 p.m. An hour and a half sounds like a good amount of time, but not when you consider all there is to see.

One thing we made a priority was a trip to the top of the Liberty Memorial. That's where I snapped this shot looking down at the plaza 217 feet below.

You can tell that it was late after noon by the quality of light and the length of the tower's shadow. I also shot a pic of the tower from the bunker museum below.

If you haven't visited the WWI Museum/Liberty Memorial in a while, I highly suggest you make it an item on one of your weekend itineraries.

tagged: , , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Cliff and I spent probably three or four hours there when we went. I want to go back, because we missed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That museum is first rate. Everyone should see it at some point and spend a lot of time there.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...