Thursday, April 30, 2009

Don't turn around, uh-oh

KCMeesha today has a fascinating post about the revisionist propaganda and photographic falsification employed by the post-revolution USSR.

The post includes a discussion of the book “The Commissar Vanishes” and some very interesting photos.

In fact, the photos were so interesting that it prompted me to do my own ad-hoc internet photo search. I was amazed by what I found.

Evidently, our Russian friend is not only the sole survivor of Lenin's core braintrust, he's also some kind of Jewish/Russian/American Highlander.


tagged: , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know this copy survived. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there was something weird about that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That truly made me laugh out loud - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone is a lot older than they let on.... and now will need to be watched!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...