Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Gone fishing

Sunday was such a beautiful day that my supermodel wife and I decided to take our 3-year-old daughter to the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead in Overland Park.

I know Overland Park is a maze of cul-de-sacs and strip malls and some people think it has more McMansions than minorities, but the Deanna Rose Farmstead is a true gem of the metro area.

Every time we go there, I'm amazed that they don't charge admission. So even those local bloggers who continually grouse about how Johnson County is a leech on Jackson County's cultural dollars can't complain about this.

Last Sunday, we took our daughter to the fishing pond at the farm. For a couple of weeks, she has been asking me to take her fishing. The pond at Deanna Rose is so well stocked with little fish, that it takes literally a few seconds to get a bite and only a minute or two to actually hook a fish.

I call it "short attention span fishing," and it's perfect for kids and impatient adults like me.

tagged: , , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Makes me kinda want to take a trip to Johnson County.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...