Tuesday, April 18, 2006

YouTube Tuesday: MatrixPong

This week's edition of YouTube Tuesday is dedicated to local blogger Xavier Onasis, whose promising sports career was cut tragically short due to a career-ending injury.

The X-Man left the following comment on a previous post.
"Remind me to tell you sometime about the time I sprained my ankle...PLAYING PING PONG!!!!

Very physical sport, ping pong!"
Well, X-Man, we're waiting to hear the story. You probably just needed a little help from your friends, much like the players in this week's video.

This one has been around the web for a while, but I think its such a clever idea that it deserves another post. So here it is, Matrix PingPong.



tagged: , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Goddamn you Emaw!

    Now my story is going to be even more lame and pathetic because:

    a: you hyped it
    b: these guys are really good

    Alright. Lets get this over with. I was working for a lawn care company decades ago that had a recreation area that included a ping pong table.

    We had just got back from a long, hot day of estimating lawns. Before going upstairs to call the victims and badger them at supper-time into buying our service, we unwinded by having a few company-bought beers and playing some ping pong.

    I went for a long shot to the right and my foot caved beneath me and that bony thing on the right side of my ankle made contact with the ground. OUCH.

    I got up, walked around a bit. "Hey. This ain't so bad. I'm OK! Cool!"

    Went upstairs, called some folks, got shot down, "I don't want your fucking lawn service! I didn't ask for an estimate! Stop calling me asshole!!"

    While I was doing that, my ankle swelled up to the size of a fucking softball.

    Had to have help limping out to my '72 Pinto for the drive home.

    Had to straddle the driver and passenger seats and steer with my left hand so I could work the accelerator and brake with my left foot because my right ankle hurt so bad.

    Hopped on my left leg from the parking lot of my apartment building into my bed.

    Missed the next days work while I writhed in agony with no insurance and no pain killers other than some ganja, mon.

    All over a fucking game of ping pong.

    There. Ya happy?

    What a lame fucking story.

    Shoulda just made something up.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...