Monday, October 23, 2006

Minor dilemma

JD at Evolution gives a good (as usual) quickie analysis of the Kansas Attorney General race.

I have to agree that Phil Kline is acting like a complete idiot (Al Gore) with his fundraising and memo-writing. But unfortunately, all of the focus on this fundraising issue makes it difficult to judge who would do the best job in the AG's office.

As a JOCO resident, I'm familiar with Paul Morrison (even had lunch with him one time at Jose Pepper's in Olathe). He’s got a great record on criminal prosecutions, winning convictions of rapists and serial killers and all. But I've heard lawyer-types say that he lacks background and experience in constitutional law. Also, do I want to vote for someone who's willing to switch political parties just to get elected?

At the same time, do I want to support Kline if he's showing this amazingly poor judgment in campaign fundraising? And if his own staff/party doesn't support him, why should I (not to mention his apparent lack of respect for individual privacy rights).

Maybe I'll just wage a write-in campaign for JD.

tagged: , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. I don't think Morrison left the Republican party "just to get elected".

    I think he left because people like Phile Kline have pissed in the pool so long that he can't stand the stench any more.

    Seems to be a lot of that going around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the typo. Didn't mean to type "Phile Kline".

    Meant to type "tight-assed, right-wing, hypocritical, latent pervert, obsessed with teenaged sex".

    Must have fat fingered a key somewhere.

    My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "fat fingered a key"

    Now who's the pervert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!

    BTW, What's up with the smoking chimp?

    What happened to Kenny?

    Or whoever the fuck that was.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...