And the heat is oppressive, as many of the posts in this week's Kansas Guild of Bloggers carnival attest. Lots of heavy, brooding posts, but a few people are finding fun things to blog about.
Anyway, here's what I've come up with for this week.
Well, there you have it. It's too damn hot for more than this, though if you know of something I've missed, drop me an email or a comment and I'll be sure to get it added.
- Sassywho questions those who are both pro-life and pro-death penalty at I never leave the house without incident.
- C.Mac delivers a thought-provoking post on the duty of the "middle class" at Bleeding Kansas.
- Joel Matthis posts about the power, privilege and schizophrenia of The Left at Cup o' Joel.
- Steve sees tribal conflict and genocides in Africa and the Middle East and asks whether only humans can be inhuman at The Pencil Nub.
- Kelly prepares for vacation in a stifling summer heat at Kelly in Kansas
- Diane covers the launch of Lawrence's domestic partner registry at In This Moment.
- HaveSumHope posted valuable lessons from a recently departed grandmother at The eMotion Cafe.
- John gives The Simpsons Movie two thumbs up at The Awesomeness of John.
- New blogger MVG wonders if her beau is really a blond at Midwest Valley Girl.
- El Borak experiences shrinkflation (hey, the water was cold) at El Borak's Myopia.
- Chimpo offers a review of JoCo pizza places at Chimpotle.
Be sure to keep your eye out for Kansas-related blog posts and submit them for next week's carnival. Until then, try to stay cool Kansas.
tagged: Kansas, blog, blogger, carnival, KGB