Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Mugged

I've kind of been bringing my own coffee in to work a lot lately.

Our office coffee is that vacuum packed Folgers stuff. Frankly, it's not that good. And it's become a general practice in my block of cubes to double the dose of Folgers when whoever-it-is makes a new pot. The flawed logic seems to be that if a single dose is bad, then two doses will be good.

Anyway I sort of ignored the last 1/3 of a cup of coffee in my work mug for the last two weeks or so, drinking instead from several travel mugs that I fill up with decent coffee before work.

Well I today I just happened to glance over at my mug to discover that all of the liquid has evaporated out, leaving only coffee crust and a thick, inky sludge at the bottom of the cup.

Note the rings of crust rising about a third of the way up the inside of the glass. It must be some kind of indication of how well the dehumidifiers work in my office. I mean, that's a lot of liquid to just vanish into thin air.

Here's a better view looking down into blackness at the bottom of the mug.


I'm thinking about letting it dry all the way out, then adding hot water to see if I can reconstitute it. Does coffee work like that?

tagged: , , , ,

2 comments:

Your turn to riff...