Meh, it could be worse. But in an effort to get more entries, N.J Governor Richard Codey announced a contest open to NJ residents to come up with a new state slogan. Unfortunately, he didn't count on the sarcasm of his constituents.
The slogan committee has already had to weed out suggestions like "Come to New Jersey: It's not as bad as it smells."
Luckily, being from Kansas I have some recent experience with this sort of thing, so I’ve taken it upon myself to add a few of my own suggestions. Just PayPal me the $260,000, Gov. Codey.
- New Jersey: Keeping it in the Family
- New Jersey: Everyone’s a Soprano
- New Jersey: Neither New, nor a Jersey
- New Jersey: More than just a turnpike
- New Jersey: The State Shaped Like an Appendix
tagged: New Jersey, Kansas, state motto, news, Sopranos