Monday, April 10, 2006

Photochopping Phelps

Generally whenever someone starts talking/writing about Fred Phelps, my first response is to not listen and not participate.

The anti-human Phelps, who graciously attended my college graduation ceremony, seeks only attention. So, by not granting him any mental resources at all, I figure I'm denying him what he most desires. Literally, I think if we ignore him long enough, he'll just go away.

Having said that, I couldn't resist the challenge issued by JD to do a Photoshop mashup of Phelps at a recent rally. So, here are my entries.

My first thought was to chose something obvious...


Then, I got to thinking about what Phelps thinks about current pop culture...


And of course, this is a great place for the classic "Protesting with Stupid" treatment...


There you go JD. I hope my Photoshop kung-fu is worthy.

tagged: , , ,

3 comments:

  1. Ordinarily, I'm with you as far as ignoring him. In fact, were I a leader of a group he was "protesting", I'd deny his very existence and demand of my charges the same.

    But it's just too much fun to ridicule the dude. And the picture just screams for it, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's funny.

    I wish I knew how to quit you.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...