But, luckily after a week off I'm re-energized and up to task of cleaning it out. And while I have a few minutes over lunch I thought I'd give a quick bullet point recap of last week:
- While taking the week off is inherently good, there are a few things I would recommend NOT doing on your vacation:
- Waiting on hold with TimeWarnerCable for an hour and a half to get your home email situation figured out since you lost all your account information in the infamous computer crash of 2007.
- Having your teeth cleaned (not that there's anything wrong with having your teeth cleaned other than the sharpened steel implements being jammed into your gums... it's just that you don't want to take time out of your vacation to do this).
- Taking your dog to the vet and learning that you need to collect a "fecal sample" and bring it back. I mean come on, isn't that what I'm paying the vet for?
- My Supermodel Wife and I tried on several occasions to go see a movie only to learn that there are no movies worth seeing, with the possible exception of 3:10 to Yuma which we could never work in schedule-wise. So we just went back to the house of a little "afternoon delight" (wink wink, nudge nudge).
- We had lunch one day at the new Blue Koi location on Mission Road. Just as good as the original in my opinion.
- I picked up a copy of No Country for Old Men last Friday and had torn through it by Tuesday evening. Great read, very approachable. My only complaint is that McCarthy took the easy way out on some of the plot points. But I can't wait for the movie to come out next month.
- Friday was my kid's class field trip to the Agricultural Hall of Fame in Bonner Springs. More on that later, but it was nice to have a family day together.
It's back to the grind now, and back to providing top-quality blog entertainment to the adoring masses.
tagged: vacation, email, Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men, Blue Koi, afternoon delight