Friday, May 23, 2008

White noise

So I head to my favorite, well, head at the office to, as the Facebookers these days would say, download a brownload.

Anyway, I open the door to the john and immediately hear the familiar sound of a urinal flushing. But entering the room, I find it empty. Nobody zipping their fly, washing their hands. Nothing.

It seems the urinal I heard is stuck on permaflush, a condition caused when the automatic flushing mechanism malfunctions making the water flow continuously like a waterfall.

I was annoyed at first to see such a waste. Why can't the building maintenance people fix the damn thing so I don't have to put up with all the noise while I'm dropping the kids off at the pool.

The noise was annoying for the first minute while I chose my stall and settled in. Then, I began to appreciate the relaxing effect of the falling water. Take away the florescent lighting and the synthetic smell of sanitizing air freshener, and I could almost imagine myself on the beach listening to the waves crash upon the shore.

Plus the sound was loud enough that it mitigated the need for the otherwise obligatory camo cough.

So while I still object to the waste of water, I gotta say I've changed my tune on the "audio" issue. I'm thinking about bringing in one of those sound-machine alarm clocks to provide background music the next time I take the Browns to the Super Bowl.

tagged: , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. Unrelated news: Missouri river level unexpectedly went down by 3 feet today.Scientists are looking for answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of a camo cough, why not a courtesy flush? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it when the toilet breaks and the waterfall action begins! In fact, on my floor, we have a toilet that reacts to the toilet in the men's room on the opposite side of the wall being flushed. It's fun.

    (I have pressing meetings with Mr. Brown while I'm in the office. But to each his own.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Download a brownload.

    My brothers and I thank you for a much needed update to dropping the kids off at the pool.

    BRILLIANT

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...