Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Malcom in the middle

Speaking of The New Yorker, I saw a video excerpt from its recent "Stories from the Near Future" conference.

The excerpt caught my eye because it is a presentation by author Malcolm Gladwell, whom I wrote about recently.

Gladwell is as fascinating as a speaker as he is as a writer. I think part of that has to do with the fact that he looks like a Saturday Night Live character, or a human version of a muppet.
Eddie Muphy's Buckwheat meets Jimmy Fallon's IT guy.

His topic deals with why so often the wrong people are hired for the job, from teachers to policemen to presidents of the United States. It's much more interesting than it sounds so go check it out at the link above if you have some time over lunch.

tagged: , ,

1 comment:

  1. Dayum but that is a face for radio.

    I will however, give it a listen when I dig up my headphones.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...