Thursday, July 20, 2006

Congrats MM

A good friend of mine announced a couple of weeks ago that she will soon be a first time mom.

I couldn't be happier for her and her husband. I'm not so far removed from that same moment in my life (first learning about impending parenthood) that I don't remember the excitement tinged with anxiety. Actually, to be honest I remember the first few days after learning about the upcoming child were filled with abject terror.

But that soon wore off and the excitement took over as we started making plans, painting the nursery, buying baby supplies, visiting doctor and seeing the sonograms. A friend told me at the time that it would change my life -- for the better. I believe it has.

So please take a moment to go congratulate MM at Suddenly Three. She learns the big boy-or-girl question today. Then, I assume, we'll all be given a chance to suggest names.

tagged: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to riff...