Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy blogday (belated)

I came to the sudden realization yesterday that this blog turned 1 year a couple of week's ago.

What a delinquent parent I am to not remember the birthday of my blog. Actually, it's not really that big of a deal when you read that some people have been blogging for ages (since the turn of the century) and have much greater traffic.

Still, it's a milestone of sorts. And it's the longest I've ever kept a regular journal, so balls to blogging!

This whole thing started on July 14, 2005. A friend of mine had been urging me to blog for a couple of weeks and after a late night (hence the name) IM conversation, I finally did.

Since then, I've had nearly 20,000 visits. I started keeping track of Technorati rankings in late December when I was ranked a respectable 361,466. When I checked yesterday, I had climbed to 9,297 (which coincidentally was my ranking in my graduating class at K-State -- hey, I never claimed to be a rocket surgeon).

Anyway since my arm's getting a little sore from the self back-patting, let me just say a quick thank you to everyone who visits. I hope I haven't bored you too badly. I've made some great blogfriends and I highly value the free exchange of ideas. Hopefully we'll get to meet sometime in the corporeal world (I still owe Xavier Onasis a Scotch).

And if perchance I have offended, I offer now my sincerest apologies. But I can't really promise that it won't happen again.

tagged: , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on a good year. Which reminds me of a joke about the difference between a tire and 365 rubbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, and many happy returns of the day.
    I always assume that most bloggers I encounter have been doing this for longer than I have, so it comes as quite a surprise to learn that I have over a year on you . . . and with half the traffic to show for it, at that. Ah, well. You've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan and John,
    Thanks for the kind wishes. I'm humbled to count such giants of the blogosphere amongst my readers.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...