Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My latest Michael Scott moment

So my Supermodel Wife and I were meeting with a lawyer recently, getting "our affairs" in order (revocable trust, living wills, custody plans for our kid, you know all that rot that adults are supposed to do).

Well, it so happened that the lawyer was a woman, not that there's anything wrong with that. She was looking over some of our paperwork, explaining certain legal terms and concepts and she mentioned that we have a "sizable estate."

Well, of course I couldn't let that go by without remarking "That's what she said."

I received both a look of embarrassment from my Supermodel Wife (not a new thing) and a look of abject derision (also not a new thing) from the lady lawyer.

But it was totally worth it.

PS - Before you go kissing my ass to get me to buy drinks and pay for your dinner, you should know that our "sizable estate" is predicated upon both my Supermodel Wife and I being dead. Otherwise, all we have is big mortgage, a car payment and several credit card bills.

tagged: , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. [Y]ou should know that our "sizable estate" is predicated upon both my Supermodel Wife and me being dead.

    I always live under the theory that in the long term, I need to be more valuable alive, than otherwise. It allows me to sleep more easily.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not asking for a drink. I'd rather be introduced to a woman from your upscale circle,hopefully with "sizable" assets. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never a guessed just looking at you in a bar - not that I go around just looking at people in bars you understand.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...