Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday Feast: All vegetarian edition

Strictly vegetarian fare today. Might I suggest a tall glass of wheatgrass juice?

Appetizer
Invent a new flower; give it a name and describe it.
Okay, it's a cross between wormwood and cockscomb.

It's called cockwood. It has large, fleshy petals that swell in warmer weather. But it tends to shrink and shrivel when it gets wet during rain storms.

Soup
Name someone whom you think has a wonderful voice.
Sarah Vaughan.



Salad
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how clean do you keep your car?
Honestly, I'd say 7.326849.

Main Course
How do you feel about poetry?
They said to him "Speak to us of Love."

He looked upon the people, and there fell a stillness upon them.
And with a great voice he said:

When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
Though the sword hidden among his feathers may wound you.
And when he speaks to you believe in him,
Though his voice may shatter your dreams.
-- Kahlil Gibran
Dessert
What was the last person/place/thing you took a picture of?
My left foot.


Check out these vegetarian entrées as well: Logtar, Bea, Faith

tagged: , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. Hey I'm missing a sock that looks just like that one.

    Nope, my bad, mine is considerably bigger, and I just found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done; inflating your hit count with all the fetishists showing up for the last photo.

    Well played, sir. Well played.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Vaughan and "The Prophet" by Gibran. I love your blog and you just won my undying loyalty for digging on 2 of my favs! Thanks for reminding me how much I need to re-read "The Prophet". Very cool, Daddy-O.

    "Faith is an oasis in the heart which can never be reached by the caravan of thinking. ~Kahlil Gibran"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words Moxie. I've checked out your blog and discovered that you also seriously rock! You have been blogrolled.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...