Thursday, March 16, 2006

HUAR alert!

I used to think those people over at Humans United Against Robots were a bunch of crackpots. Then I read what DARPA is up to, and I'm telling you, this has Terminator 4 written all over it.
"In an announcement posted on government Web sites last week, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, says it is seeking "innovative proposals to develop technology to create insect cyborgs," by implanting tiny devices into insect bodies while the animals are in their pupal stage."
If this sounds familiar, it's probably because it's been the basic plot of several sci-fi horror movies. One of the creepiest, of course, is Demon Seed -- in which a super computer succeeds in raping its creator's wife in order to recreate itself in a hybrid baby.

I can see it now, DARPA develops robots to build cyborg sensory insects. Only, the robots decide to build a few "specialty" cyborg insects, and comical mayhem ensues.

If you're involved with this project, take action. A little sabotage now might just save the human race.

tagged: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a GREAT idea! Imagine sending in armies of remote controlled poisionous scorpions and spiders with close air support from Africanized Killer Bee's and Minnesota Mosquitos!

    We would be INVINCIBLE!!

    At least that is what the RoboSapien I bought at Best Buy keeps whispering to me as I sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My concern has to do with cockroaches. They're -- supposedly -- going to be the last living beings on earth anyway. Give them enhanced strength and what do you get?

    That's right -- a cockroach that sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Scary thought.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...