Damn. Just... Damn.
I expect there will be a ton of tribute posts today, each one of them well deserved. That's just the effect Greg had on people. He was one of the good guys, you know?
It's one of those weird-but-cool phenomena of blogging, you get to know people so well even though you may have never met them in person.
Anyway, I think this is the only thing I'll post today. It's from one of the first posts by Greg that I read when I discovered his blog a few years ago and one of the reasons I, like many, became addicted to his daily take on life.
One day I came home from work late and hopped into bed. Later the Roommate came home from her gig and hopped into bed. The Stressed Out Italian Stripper came home and I heard her stop at the bedroom door. I could feel her staring at the scene before her. In my bed laid myself and tucked in on the other side of me was the Roommate. I heard a deep sigh and then the Stressed Out Italian Stripper crawled in on the other side of me. I just laid there takin it all in, wow, I’m in bed with two hot women. Then the four cats and the stupid dog hopped into bed and that kind’a ruined that Penthouse moment.and the monkey flipped the switch
Here are some other blogger thoughts and remembrances:
- Irish KC on Greg Beck
- Xavier Onassis says it well
- Tony's Link
- A moment of silence from Heather
- Local blog community has lost a voice
- Nightmare remembers
- Greg flipped Spyder's switch
- SmedRock is right, he was an icon
- Just "damn" from JustCara
- Rusty remembers Greg as a second father
- Happy In Bag, a little less happy
- m_toast toasts her friend
- Chromed Curses feels the way we all do