Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Not my cup of tea


I saw this report on ABC last night, so I automatically question it's veracity.

But since it contained information that was favorable to me, I give it the benefit of the doubt.

The report basically helps enable my drug habit by touting the potential benefits of the chemical compounds found in coffee (both decaff and the regular kind).

From the story:
"Mounting evidence suggests all those lattes and cappuccinos might not only improve your mood, they might also improve your health. Daily cups of coffee have been linked to a reduced risk of Parkinson's disease, liver cancer, gallstones, and type 2 diabetes."
Furthermore, the same studies show that the more coffee you drink, the more health benefits you get.

With that in mind, I've decided to take on a mid-year's resolution to quadruple my coffee intake. So for my daily lunch break, I'm now going to have four double espressos from Starbucks instead of just the one.

The beauty of this is that because I'm doing this for my health, I can use my healthcare reimbursement account to pay for the daily doses.

Just d-d-d-don't be surp-p-prised is I st-t-tart acting a lit-t-t-tle jit-t-t-tery.

tagged: , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. It gets even better!

    http://hipsubwg.blogspot.com/2006/06/coffee-cuts-cirrhosis-risk.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it gets even better...

    Studies also show drinking more than a few cups of coffee daily, those that drink like 6 cups...are less at risk of developing high blood pressure as opposed to those that drink the same amount of soda. The study I read actually found no evidence at all of coffee causing high blood pressure and the studdy also reported positive health effects of coffee...and here's a tid bid...strange but true...Edgar Casey reported through one of his readings drinking coffee with a little cream or milk was good for glands in the body.

    Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...