Then I caught this little nugget. It looks like KMBC Channel 9 News, home of geezersauraus rex Larry Moore, is looking for a new weather dude/wench.
In my mind, there are pros and cons to any career choice and you have to weigh these carefully before telling you current employer to foxtrot oscar. So, regarding this opportunity...
ProsAll in all, I'd say it's worth a shot. I'm off to polish up my resume and get my audition tape ready.
- You don't have to know a thing about meteorology.
- Chromakey+Maria Antonia+remote control=tons of fun.
- I have more hair than Micheal Mahoney.
- Endless opportunities to riff on Larry Moore.
- I'd have to develop a "sky is falling" attitude about thunderstorms.
- I've been told I have a face for radio and a voice for print.
- Endless opportunities to be hazed by Larry Moore.
tagged: media, job, career, meteorology, Maria Antonia, Larry Moore, Kansas City