Tuesday, March 06, 2007

No more wedgies


I may have mentioned this before, but I think it bears repeating.

The "wedge salad" is the most ridiculous culinary fraud ever perpetrated upon the American dining public.

I mean come on people! This isn't a salad! It's a chunk of lettuce with possibly some peppers thrown in for color. Have we become so lazy that we can't chop up the lettuce? Are we so lacking in creativity that we can't toss on a couple of cherry tomatoes or cucumbers? This is like giving someone a loaf of bread and calling it a sandwich.

How have we let our democracy get to the point where a quarter-head of lettuce is considered a salad. That's not the America I know.

Hell, that's not even Mexico.

tagged: , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. You're absolutely correct on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hell, that's not even Mexico."

    It IS Mexico when that wedge salad gives you some e-coli.

    I'm just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...