Friday, March 09, 2007

Here's to your health

The Slate recently reported on some editorial shennanigans pulled by the John Edwards for President campaign in a promotional DVD in Iowa.

I personally think the criticism of Edwards' questionable edit is just a bit of hair splitting. What I'm really stoked about is that Edwards is making National Healthcare one of the primary planks in his campaign platform.

I can't tell you how long I've been waiting to get government healthcare. Why should I pay my hard-earned money to go sit in a waiting room for a few hours, just to have a overly-stressed general practitioner prescribe a course of antibiotics for whatever it is that I'm sick of?

Why should I dig deep into my own pocket to pay for generic prescription drugs when the government has the responsibility to do that for me?

If there's one thing that we know government can do well, it's healthcare. With Edwards as president, I'll finally get the quality of medical care that is currently reserved for government employees and military veterans.

tagged: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to riff...