Friday, March 02, 2007

Visual verification

Hey, over the past couple of days I've been having trouble with the visual verification feature on some Blogger blogs.

This issue arises when I want to post a comment. Many bloggers (myself included) use the feature where you have to type in a series of random letters to prove that you're a real person and not a spambot.

Well, on some blogs (XO's and Cara's lately) there's a place to enter the letters, but no letters are displayed.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this? Is this just a problem with my browsers (I'm using Firefox on bot PC and Mac)? Have I contracted some kind of weird, highly selective eye disease?

tagged: , , ,

5 comments:

  1. Weird - I can see the comments box page verification thingamagig fine on my blog (running firefox or Innernets Explorer). Maybe it was just a temporary thing.

    BTW: my word verification for this post was sntlcx. Now I'm going to be thinking about snot laces all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect this has something to do with the Firefox update I received the other day. I just expereinced the same thing on HappyInBag and I was able to get around it using IE (I feel so dirty using Internet Explorer ::shiver::).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I think it's probably a result of buying cheap-ass crack on Independence Avenue.

    I'm not using word verification.

    BTW, I use IE7 and I have seen that a couple of times too (but only on sites that actually USE word verification), so I'm not sure what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happens to me once in a while too, Emaw. I take it as a signal from on high that I should refrain from posting. But sometimes I defy this higher power by refreshing the comment box until I see the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happens to me all the time. I am just glad that blog sites don't put a limit on how many times one can try to past the verification stage....oh this one looks easy fbtst! I think.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to riff...