Its generally regarded that Kansas was long overdue for such a law, that only a backward hillbilly civilization wouldn't have a minimum marriage age.
Which leads me to think that I might be the only one who believes this kind of law is just a bit on the ridiculous side. I mean, is this something that is such a huge problem that it requires a state law? Really, is there an epidemic of 12-year-olds tying the knot?
When lawmakers should be focusing on important issues such as education funding and naming the official state reptile, aren't they trying to fix a problem that doesn't really exist?
Don't most people know better? Do we really need to legislate common sense? Does it require an act of congress to get people to use their freakin' brains? And where are the parent's of all of these marrying minors?
So now that we are a step closer to a full-fledged nanny state, here are a few other laws that we desperately need:
- All persons above three (3) years of age must wipe their asses after every #2. Subsection (a) All males must lift lid of toilet before urination.
- Residents of the state of Kansas shall not jump off a bridge merely because their friends also jump off bridges.
- All state residents are prohibited from employing the use of cheese graters to shave off their nipples.
- The legal blood-alcohol limit for wrestling with alligators shall be no lower than 5.08 percent.
- Within the legal boundary of the State of Kansas, all people must use the magic words "please" and "thank you" when requesting and receiving objects and/or service or they will have to go to bed early without desert after supper.
tagged: Kansas, mariage, law, politics, humor